The Staten Island Historical Society at Historic Richmond Town works to create opportunities for the public to explore the diversity of the American experience, especially that of Staten Island and its neighboring communities from the colonial period to the present. We preserve and present centuries of American life through the efforts of ordinary people, from every background, who worked to build an extraordinary country. Historic Richmond Town is a 501(c)(3) non-profit cultural institution of the City of New York.
This December, Historic Richmond Town will be transformed into a Dickens-style holiday wonderland where guests of all ages will find themselves immersed in holiday cheer!
Thanks to full sponsorship provided by the Richmond County Savings Foundation, guests can enjoy living history demonstrations, shopping for gifts, crafts, and commemorative items made by historic tradespeople, holiday performances, a visit from Santa and his helpers, an old-fashioned horse-drawn carriage, sweets, treats, local eats, and much more!
In this post-pandemic world, we are pleased to return to a cherished community tradition in support of Historic Richmond Town's ongoing commitment to inspire engagement with and understanding of the diverse histories of Staten Island's past.
Please note that tickets for kids (11 and under) are free, but must be reserved in your order. Visitors of any age without tickets will not be admitted.
- Tickets are only valid for the date and entry window specified. Changes to ticket date and entry window are permitted up to 24 hours in advance, pending availability, via the SimpleTix App.
- Early entry will not be accommodated. Please do not join an admission line until the entry window stated on your ticket.
- Late arrivals will be honored whenever possible, though admission is not guaranteed.
- Once admitted, guests may visit until the festival concludes each day at 5 p.m.
- There is a limited number of tickets available for each entry window. In the event that tickets remain unsold for certain entry windows following the conclusion of online sales, tickets will be made available for walk-up sales. It is strongly recommended that tickets be purchased online in advance. The availability of walk-up tickets is not guaranteed.
- On-site parking is limited, with additional parking available throughout the surrounding residential area. Please consider parking time when planning to arrive for your entry window.
Terms & Conditions:
- Refunds will not be issued for any reason, except due to event cancellation or postponement. Tickets are not transferable between individuals nor valid across alternate or multiple days.
- Christmas in Historic Richmond Town will be held rain, snow, or shine. Refunds will not be issued in the event of inclement weather.
- Comfortable and supportive footwear is highly recommended. For the safety of guests, high-heeled, open-toed, or non-supportive footwear is strongly discouraged.
- Animals, other than those recognized as service animals by the ADA, are not permitted.
- Smoking is prohibited on Historic Richmond Town's campus.
- By entering onto Historic Richmond Town's property for special events including Christmas in Historic Richmond Town, all attendees, both for themselves and on behalf of any minors in their care, hereby grant irrecoverable consent and unrestricted permission to be photographed and/or videotaped by representatives authorized to do so by Historic Richmond Town, as well as for the use of any such media by Historic Richmond Town for its own promotional, educational, archival, or other lawful purpose.
Date & Time
Dec 10 - 18, 2022